Setting Up ‘My Account” with CRA
My Account is a secure portal that lets you view your personal income tax and benefit information and manage your tax affairs online. It allows you to track your returns filed, your refund, view or change your return, check your benefit and credit payments, view your RRSP limit, set up direct deposit, get Notice of Assessments & receive email notifications.
My Account is:
- Convenient – It is available 21 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy to use – After registering, simply log in with your CRA user ID and password.
- Fast – Information is up-to-the-minute and transactions are processed immediately.
- Secure – The CRA user ID and password are just part of the security.
Before you can register, you must have filed your income tax and benefit return for the current tax year or the previous one.
To get access, you will need:
- your social insurance number;
- your date of birth;
- your current postal code and;
- an amount you entered on your income tax and benefit return –have your return on hand (the line requested will vary and it could be from the current tax year or the previous one).
Click on the following link to see how to set up your My Account with CRA.